Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CFE DAY

Strength:
Strict Press:
1x3 @ 70% 47lb.
1x 3 @ 80% 55lb.
*1x3 @ 90% 60lb. +4

The strength training component has actually become my favorite part of the workouts. I am becoming more and more confident with ALL the lifts and I feel a difference in some of the movements I am doing in the wods. For example, I have struggled with good rowing form in the past, but today as I was rowing I envisioned my body going through the movements of a back squat! Hopefully, this is right, but it really helped me to improve my power output on the rower!

Conditioning:
3 rounds for time:
50o Meter Row
21 Box Jumps
15 Thrusters 65lb.

Time: 15:40

As always, the 65lb. thrusters were challenging. I tried not to geak out like I do in Fran and broke them up into sets of 5. This was just enough challenge so that I did not fail or collapse on the next one.
The box jumps were easy! Love box jumps!
As I mentioned above, rowing felt great today.

CFE
2:00 on, 1:00 off x 6

This was miserable. I had just stuffed down my lunch as I was starving! I realized I had 20 minutes until Laura's bus arrived so I broke out a of couple squats and sampson stretches to warm-up and then I took off. I almost left I pile of throw up at the bus stop! My lunch obviously had not digested, my legs were spent from the thrusters, but I did it and got it over with! I walked/jogged on the off. Covered 1.7 miles.

Scores:
Fatigue: 2
Soreness: 4
Mood: 1


2 comments:

  1. I am hoping you meant 500m row! Otherwise that is a long 50m ;-) GREAT JOB

    ReplyDelete