Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CFE Endurance Day




*I love how the image above shows how landing out in front and heal striking actually applies an enormous amount of stress to the knees and beyond. Landing flat footed and heal striking is like putting the breaks on. Ouch. During my endurance wods I focus on fast cadence, landing under your center of mass, and pulling into the figure four. I know that my form breaks down as fatigue kicks in as I can hear the heavy pounding on the ground.

Today I felt strong during the conditioning WOD and strict presses. On the last round I attempted to do as many reps as possible and was able to press 4 before I felt like the next one would fail. I've noticed that core positioning and staying tight helps me to get the weight overhead and lock out!
On the other hand, the endurance wod was tough today. I went to the High School track and had to dodge the track team. My first 800 meter was cut a tad bit short. My legs felt heavy and I was struggling. I think I went out a little too fast on the first 800m and I was distracted by the track team. Around 400 meters my garmin showed about 6:10 pace, which is not where I needed to be. I definitely need to work on pacing!

Results:

Strict Press
1x5 at 65% 45#
1x5 at 75% 50#
1x5 at 85% 57# + 4

Conditioning:
12-9-6
front squat 75#
Burpees

Time: 4:09

Endurance WOD:
3 800 Meter Runs 2:00 rest

3:30- cut short by 50-100 meters
3:39
3:40


No comments:

Post a Comment