Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ending 2010 with a victory!

When it comes to New Year's resolutions I feel like mine started at the end of 2010 when I started this CrossFit Endurance training cycle.

In 2010 I became Level One CrossFit certified, and CrossFit Endurance certified. I completed four triathlons and one ten miler! We opened a brand new 10,000 square foot facility and added new programs to make Capital the best training atmosphere in Northern Virginia. As a mother of two young girls, a business owner, and now a CrossFit coach I am very happy with the goals I accomplished in 2010. Not to mention I had the opportunity to beat Jeremy in "Filthy Fifty" on the last day of 2010! It truly was a fabulous year!

In 2011 I would like to continue to train, learn, and study CrossFit Endurance!

Friday, December 31st
"Filthy Fifty"
For time:
50 Box jumps 24 (inch box), 20 (inch box)
50 Jumping pull-ups,
50 Kettlebell swings (1 pood), 25#
Walking Lunge 50 steps,
50 Knees to elbows,
50 Push press (45 pounds),
50 Back extensions,
50 Wall ball shots (20 pound ball), (14 pound ball)
50 Burpees,
50 Double unders.

Time:
26:57

The most challenging areas of this workout were the wall balls, double unders, and knees to elbow. Another New Year's resolution is to master the kipping movement, break 200 in the dead lift, and improve double unders! Reaching the red line for my wall ball shots was definitely not happening after about 20 of them! (Don't tell Jeremy)
Thank you Coach John for pushing me!

Scores:
Fatigue: 3
Soreness: 3
Mood:2

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back Squat: 140# *PR
Strict Press: 74# *PR

My CrossFit total score has increased 20 points since August! My Back Squat has improved by 10 pounds, and my strict press by 2 pounds. I felt like it was possible to add another 5 pounds to the back squat, but I did not having anybody watching to make sure I was getting low enough!

TABATA RUN!

20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 8

That was horrible!!!!!!!!!! By round 5 it was so hard to get my legs moving again.
Distance covered: .48 mile

Scores:
Fatigue: 4
Soreness: 3
Mood: 2

* Note to any mothers: I did this workout in the parking lot at Lake Braddock High School. I put a movie on in the car, gave them snacks, and ran around the car! That worked out perfectly!





2 comments:

  1. Wow, you really have accomplished a lot in 2010. It's amazing how much you are juggling with the kids and the business and the training. Best wishes for meeting all your goals in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elizabeth! Happy New Year and congrats on all your 2010 accomplishments! Cheers to 2011!

    ReplyDelete