Friday, December 31, 2010

One PR and butter fingers...

I am not sure what happened today, but my Fran performance was an absolute mess. I was wasted by the second round, I kept dropping the bar on the thrusters, and my pull ups were horrible! However, on a positive note I did PR on a dead lift today!

Dead Lift PR: 175# (I think I could have done about 5 more pounds, but wanted to save a little for Fran)

Fran: 9:45 (My PR is 7:50)

"Fran"
For Time:
21-15-9 Thrusters 65#, Pull Ups

Scores:
Soreness: 3
Fatigue: 2
Mood: 1 (before Fran) 6 (After Fran) ;-)

Reflections:
I am very pleased about with my dead lift PR. This is a weakness I have been working on and I believe my form and confidence with this lift continues to improve.
What happened in Fran? I believe I started Fran with a bit of mental block. First, I geaked out a little on wrapping up my hands to protect the tears and that it ended up causing more problems during the workout. I relaxed at the bottom of the thrusters and dropped the bar a couple times. My pull ups and back mobility was a bit limited from dead lifts this week. Finally, I was focusing on the clock too much during the workout! I am only writing these reflections not as EXCUSES. This performance is a reminder of how important skill work is and Jeremy has promised to help me out with my pull ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment