Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1... Dodging the Morning Monsoon!

Oh man. I am so happy I didn't have to do those 200m sprints in the windy rain I woke up to this morning. Everyone in our house over slept and my daughter had a field trip so we had to rush out this morning. I didn't get to have my morning shake of frozen fruit, fish oil, egg whites, and glutamine. My morning routine and nutrition intake usually has a huge impact on my performance. However, today I felt great. I think I should have increased the weight for the Power Cleans.

CrossFit WOD
20 minutes - AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible)
5 Power Cleans 95/135
4 Hand Stand Push Ups
8 Kettle Bell Swings 55/75

My Results:
11 Rounds
70# Power Cleans, 1.5 Abmat Handstand Push ups, 55# Kettle bell swings

The Kettle bell swings were by far the hardest part of this workout. 55lbs. is a lot of weight! 2 abmats for Hand Stand Push Ups is too easy, but 1 is too hard. This is a skill I need to continue to work on.

Endurance WOD:
8 x 200m Sprints - 2 minute rest.
Do not deviate more than 2-3 seconds between sets.
(The measurement for the 200m route is off at our new Alexandria Facility)
38, 38, 36, 36, 36, 38, 36, 38

The last two sets were challenging and I had to dodge a Walmart truck. I was really happy I didn't have to do squats today!

No comments:

Post a Comment