Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Working on strength...

One of the things I love about CrossFit is that every athlete has their own set of weaknesses and strengths. I've talked about the importance of taking a holistic approach to your training. When I started CrossFit endurance with Coach John we talked about how strength, particularly the dead lift, snatch, and clean, are my weaknesses. It has been almost one full month and I have been hitting PR's in almost all the movements just from spending more time focusing on these areas.

Today's WOD:
5 rounds for time
5 dead lifts 115#
10 Burpees

Time: 6:26

Endurance WOD:
8 x 200 meter 1:30 rest between each
43, 41, 41, 43, 41, 42, 43, 43

I felt great during both wods today. When I started the deadlifts I thought that weight was going to be too easy, but by round 3, I could feel the form starting to break down and it was a challenge to pull 115# off the ground.

I'm not sure what happened on the first 200 meter run. I did these runs at the high school track so my distance was accurate when comparing these times to the ones I did in Alexandria.

Scores:
Soreness: 2
Fatigue: 1
Mood: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment