Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Full Rest Day

Yesterday my neck felt like I had slept on it funny or strained it. After I did the 400 meter runs with the 25lb. plate sitting on it I felt the pain even more. I woke up this morning feeling prepared and ready to hit CrossFit endurance today! When I went to go get Sarah out of her bed and lifted her, I quickly realized that today would be a recovery day instead. As athletes we can't help, but get a little "geaked out" when there is a hiccup in our training cycle. A neck strain can happen for various reasons and it is not always possible to determine the cause. This is an issue I have dealt with in the past and it usually takes 2-3 days to recover from. Anyways, with John's orders and my own gut feeling I decided to put my recovery first and take a full rest day. Other than my neck, the rest of my body feel great! Thank you to Dr. Bills for giving me that torturous deep tissue massage and straightening me out!

Scores:
Mood: 2
Fatigue: 1
Soreness: 1 (Neck:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment