Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mobility WOD's


Rest days and mobility work are equally, if not more important than the runs and CrossFit workouts. The next time a mobility CrossFit seminar is offered near the Washington D.C. area I will be the first to sign up! Today I tortured myself through a five minute mobility WOD posted on Mobilitywod.com. I will hit another one tonight after the kiddos go to bed. They hurt just as bad, if not worse, than rolling around on the foam roller. However, after only five minutes I felt like my level of soreness and fatigue decreased. Mobility prevents injuries and prepares the body to workout the next day. The three things I have in my house that aid in mobility are the full body foam roller, the torture ball (lacrosse ball), and the runner massage stick. Most of the Mobility WOD's I focus on involve opening up the hips which is an area of tightness for ALL runners. Dr. Heath Bills specializes in working with endurance athletes and CrossFitters. From what I've heard he is amazing and works his magic to target areas of tension before or after an athlete is injured.

Todays Scores:
Soreness 4 (before Mobility WOD) 2 (After Mobility)
That is a pretty quick recovery given how sore I was yesterday
Mood: 1 (However, my kids are driving me crazy today. I've had to call Santa three times.)
Fatigue: 3

1 comment:

  1. I'd love some tips on mobility work. I know it's an area I definitely lack in. Love reading about your workouts, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete