Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rowing!

Why do CrossFitters spend so much time focusing on anaerobic activity?

Anaerobic exercise is usually less than two minutes at maximum intensity. Aerobic exercise lasts longer than two minutes and usually requires a low to moderate output of energy. Both of these activities burn fat, increase heart rate, and will fatigue the muscles. However, anaerobic training "allows us to exert tremendous forces over a very brief time." In CrossFit you see anaerobic training all the time, but that is NOT to say we do not do a combination of both. Some of our hardest, most insane, and elite workouts last 2-3 minutes and we are pushed to our limits. If you are like me and you want to "suck less" then do this workout with me:

"FRAN"
For Time:
21, 15, 9
Thrusters @ 65 for women, 95 for men
Pull Ups

This is a benchmark workout in CrossFit!


Today I performed a workout that was 30% anaerobic and 70% aerobic. What CrossFit Endurance is training me to do is to achieve my aerobic potential by pushing me through a balanced training approach.

Workout:
3 x 1,000 meter rows (too slick outside to run)
3 minutes rest between each

4:20
4:28
4:31

My rowing form needs some serious work! I would much rather run, swim, or bike!

Mood: 2
Fatigue: 2
Soreness: 1 (neck: 7)


No comments:

Post a Comment