Thursday, December 2, 2010

Another 55# Kettle Bell Day. Yay!

Today's WOD:
4 Rounds For Time:
Run 400M
25 Kettle Bell Swings 55#
25 Box Jumps

My time: 20:55 as RX'd

The first two 400 M runs felt great, but my form and pace completely fell apart at round 3. By round four I could hear my feet pounding the ground and I believe I was heel striking.
On a scale from 1-10 (1 being Best, 10 being Horrible)
Mood- 1
Soreness- 2 (I suspect I'll feel those swings in my back tomorrow. I'm going to spend some time on the roller tonight.)
Fatigue- 3 (I need to get to bed earlier. I have been staying up until midnight lately.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a very intense workout. So when you run you try not to heel strike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to avoid the heel strike, but it's tough when my legs start to feel like heavy logs. I've learned that heel striking is like putting on the breaks adding stress and force to our knees and beyond. Landing right under my center mass is what I aim for. Thank you so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete