Saturday, December 4, 2010

bleh...5K day

Today Coach John had me do a 5K time trial. It is so hard to get into racing mode by myself at Burke Lake. It was about 30 degrees when I started. This is probably my first cold run of the winter since we've had such mild weather. I woke up feeling a little sore this morning. I warmed up with a few good mornings, hip openers, and squats. I ran the first mile between 7:40-8:00 according to my garmin. The second mile had a couple hills and I think I averaged around 8:20. Fatigue set in on the second mile. The third mile started off rough, but I think I finished the last 800 meters pretty strong. It definitely was not a PR for me, but then again I have not been in racing mode and this is a starting point for the next 8 weeks.
5 K Time: 25:28
Mood- 3 (Is Jeremy supposed to have an impact on this score? ;-)---- Widow Maker.
Soreness- 3
Fatigue-3 (before running) 8 (while running)

As far as form goes I believe I kept it together most of the time. I was not wearing my innov 8s so my feet felt pretty heavy, but I did not feel any foot pain or hip flexor discomfort.


3 comments:

  1. That sounds tough to do a time trial without the motivation of other people around you. Nice job getting out there in the cold and putting out an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in mind that it was 30 degrees! Running in that kind of weather is also very difficult; it's really difficult to get going because it's so cold. It could have also been that due to the weather, you weren't as warmed up as much as needed. The shorter the distance, the longer the warm up. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, that's not a PR? That is a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete