Monday, December 6, 2010

Brrrr....

So when it comes to CrossFit there is always the unknown! Sometimes we think a workout looks pretty easy and it ends up being the most challenging minutes of your life. Sometimes we think a workout looks almost impossible and we walk out of the gym with a little ego that day. Today I thought the CrossFit Workout looked extremely challenging. Only because of the prescribed weights. I set up my bar for 65# Sumo Deadlift High Pulls, and 75# Squat Cleans. I tried both before I started and made the last minute decision to change my SDHP's to 75#. I am happy I did! My numbers were not very high, but I was happy I didn't have to scale down the weights half way through the workout. It was not until the last round where I felt like my form was starting to break down on the swings and SDHP's.
WOD:
5 ROUNDS as RX'd
1 minute 75# Squat Cleans: (7, 7, 7, 7, 7)
Rest 30 seconds
1 minute 55# Kettle Bell Swings (17, 16, 16, 15, 15)
Rest 30 Seconds
1 minute 75# Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (10, 11, 10, 10, 9)
Rest 30 Seconds

Endurance WOD:
This was not bad even with the windy and cold conditions. I kept my rest time active to stay warm, except for the last two rounds. I actually discovered that it was harder to go all out when I started from a stand still rest position. My legs had to work much harder to get started.
Endurance WOD:
15 seconds on 45 seconds off until 5 minutes, rest 2 minutes, repeat.

I tried to concentrate on form especially with pulling that right leg as opposed to pushing of the ground.

Fatigue: 2
Mood: 1
Soreness: 1


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w9E-dgLUT4&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment