Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Heavy Thrusters...


Workouts like today make me want to do Fran just for fun. I was very happy I could do the 95# thrusters, but that didn't last long. I had to drop to 85# after the fourth thruster. I started each thruster from the rack since I have zero confidence when it comes to cleans. Tomorrow should be interesting. The thruster is such an awesome and powerful movement because it really makes you drive through those legs and pop the hips which ultimately makes us stronger runners! Now doing this at 85#, at high intensity, and with a running clock adds a whole new level to the movement. Even though I could not complete the workout as prescribed I must say I am still very happy with the 85# thrusters. I am definitely feeling a difference when it comes to heavy lifting. Yay!

Workout
5x3 Thrusters

Complete As Many Rounds As Possible in 12:00
7 95# Thrusters
12 Burpees

My results:

I did not have time to complete the 5x3 Thrusters today. I did 2x3 at 65# and 75#

3 rounds, 4 thrusters
(4 thrusters at 95#, then scaled to 85#)

Mood: 1
Fatigue: 2 (before the WOD) 4 (After the WOD)
Soreness: 2 (I have a feeling I'll be pretty sore tomorrow!)

2 comments:

  1. Those 95 pound thrusters felt really heavy yesterday for some reason. Oddly enough, they felt a little better when I switched to a men's bar...

    Good job, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because 95# thrusters are HEAVY, all the time. This is reason numero uno of many why I hate Fran with a passion. Mostly because of Thrusters.

    ReplyDelete